The Hilton Honors AMEX Credit Card is from American Express and it is a reward-centered card from the Hilton Hotel, that doesn’t charge an annual fee and still offers plenty of perks for the cardholder. Additionally, it comes with some complimentary Hilton Honors of a silver status.
You can also use this card for some non-Hilton related purchases, and it is best for the occasional traveler who wishes to earn some quick points and awards for staying at the Hilton Hotels. These are generous awards that will earn you full points.
The spending threshold is pretty low, and the welcome offer with the absence of an annual fee makes this card quite attainable for people with a good credit score and for the hardcore reward chasers. You may however need more points for an award room.
The Hilton Honors AMEX Credit Card Features
This credit card comes with the following features and benefits.
You will earn a pretty sizable welcome package of around 130,000 points when you spend around $2,000 within the first three months on purchases. These points are worth around $0.005 per point, and you can also redeem them for more if you want.
In addition to the bonus points, you will also be entitled to earning 12 points for each $1 you spend. This card also earns you the following,
- 6 points for $1 in US restaurants
- 6 points for $1 at US supermarkets
- 6 points per $1 at US gas stations
- 3 points for all other purchases you shall make.
Free Weekend Night Reward
If you are using this card and you surpass $15,000 then you will be eligible to get one free weekend night. This also gives you standard accommodation at any Hilton property that has available rooms.
You can also redeem the points for vouchers of around $100 and $200 for other higher-end properties. They could even add up to more than $500.
Complimentary Gold Status
When you are a cardholder, you will automatically get some complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, with benefits such as space-available room upgrades, free breakfast, and also an 80% bonus base points on your stays.
The Hilton Honors AMEX Credit Card Pros/Cons
- It has a generous welcome offer
- No annual fees
- Enables you to earn points
- Has few additional travel benefits
The Hilton Honors AMEX Credit Card Fees
When applying for a credit card, it is important to be aware of the fees and interest charged. Below is a list of fees that come with the Hilton Honors AMEX Credit Card.
- APR – Charged between 15.74% and 24.74%
- Cash advance APR – charged at 25.24%
- Penalty APR – Charged at 29.24%
- Fixed finance charge – charged at 1.33%
- Annual membership fee – charged at $0
- Cash advance fee – charged at either 5% or $10 whichever is higher.
- Foreign transaction fee – $0
- Late payment fee – charged up to $40
- Returned payment fee – charged up to $40
Hilton Honors AMEX Credit Card Eligibility
Before applying for this card, you must ensure that you meet the following eligibility criteria
- You must be 18 years and over.
- You must have a permanent US home address.
- You mustn’t have any history of bad debts.
- You must have read and understood the terms and conditions clearly.
How to Apply for the Hilton Honors AMEX Credit Card
In order to apply for this card, you will have to log into the company website and fill out the application form. Include the following information.
- Personal Information – fill in the details of your name, date of birth, nationality, residential address, and email address.
- Contact details – you must include your phone number, and whether or not you have lived in your current address for the last three years.
- Financial information – they shall also require to know more about your finances, such as your personal income information, your employer contact details, your employment record, and also how long you have been with your current bank or building society.
Kindly, log on to the American Express website, and find out more about this particular card as you fill out the application form.
American Express Address and Contact Information
To find out more about the Hilton Honors AMEX Credit Card, it is advisable to contact the bank directly. American Express can be contacted using the following details.
Address: World Financial Center, 200 Vesey Street, New York, NY, 10285
Phone: (212) 640-2000
Although this American Express Credit Card is centered on Hilton Hotel customers, it can also be used to pay for other types of purchases. Check out their website to find out what you can do with the card and whether or not it is suited for you. All the best.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit products. Ensure you consult the bank’s terms and conditions page before agreeing to anything.