Travel plans can keep you on your toes, especially when managing all the expenses to meet your budget. But finances should be the least of your worries when planning a relaxing getaway.
That’s where a good travel rewards credit card saves the day by backing you up on all your travel expenses. One such lucrative offering is the SAA Voyager Credit Card by Nedbank. The card flaunts all types of travel perks, from insurance to free miles, at very reasonable costs.
Nedbank also provides an efficient support team and top-class travel assistance to its customers. If you wish to give it a try, we’ve compiled all the information you need to apply for the card in this article.
Features of the Card
SAA Voyager Gold credit card comes with all the perks you’d want in your ideal travel credit card. You can earn free miles every time you pay for your travel expenses using your Gold card.
You’ll also get discounts up to 40% on popular domestic and international flights. As a welcome bonus, SAA also gives you 10000 miles on your first ticket purchase using the card.
Moreover, you can also get a Gold companion ticket to reach a spending threshold of R220 000. There are numerous other benefits like travel insurance, premium lounge access, and travel assistance.
How To Apply?
It will take 5 minutes to apply for an SAA Voyager Gold credit card following these simple steps.
- Go to the Nedbank website and check the credit cards section.
- Now click ‘SAA Voyage Gold credit card’ to see the details of the card.
- Click the green-colored ‘Apply Online/Resume’ button on top of the SAA Voyager card page.
- Read the instructions on the application window and fill in necessary personal details like name, address, etc.
- Next, you’ll have to provide your financial details like income and the details of the product you’re applying for.
- Once you submit the final application, SAA will run a soft credit check and ascertain whether you qualify.
- If you qualify for the card, your application will get approval, and the card will be delivered by post within 10-15 working days.
Interest And Other Charges
You’ll incur the following interest and charges on your SAA voyager card.
- APR: It varies from 14%-15%.
- Monthly credit facility service fee: R19,00.
- Service fee: R700.00 per annum (The service fee is fixed only until 2021).
- Cheque deposit at a Nedbank ATM or branch: R65,00.
- Cash withdrawals (Nedbank ATM): R2 per R100.
- Cash Withdrawals (Other bank’s ATM): R10 fixed plus R2 per R100.
- Cash Withdrawals (International bank’s ATM): R50,44 fixed plus R2,00 per R100.
- Replacement card: R140,00.
- International currency conversion fee: 2% of the transaction.
- Same-day card delivery: R410,00.
- Dishonored payment: R90,00.
- Incorrectly Disputed Transactions: R160,00.
To be eligible for an SAA Voyager Gold credit card, you must be more than 18 years of age. The card is only available to South African residents or people with a valid work permit in SA.
Apart from that, you’ll also need a good credit rating, preferably more than 650, to apply for the card. Furthermore, the minimum annual income criteria for the SAA Voyager Gold credit card is R80,000.
For documentation, you’ll need your valid SA ID card or passport with a valid permit. You will also need to provide proof of residence (utility bills, rental invoice, etc.) and proof of income (salary slips, bank statements, etc.).
If you need further information related to the SAA Voyage credit card, you can contact any Nedbank representative using the below-mentioned contact information.
Address: Nedbank 135 Rivonia Campus, 135 Rivonia Road Sandown Sandton 2196 South Africa. Or send a mail to PO Box 1144 Johannesburg 2000 South Africa.
You can phone Nedbank on 0861 263 464.
With the SAA Voyager Gold credit card, you can make your journey much more affordable and hassle-free. The numerous perks of the Gold card make up for different types of charges you’ll incur on the card. This could easily be one’s top pick for a good travel rewards card in the South African market.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit products. Ensure you consult the bank’s terms and conditions page before agreeing to anything.