Credit cards are essential for everyday life these days. That is why it is important to get yours from a trusted bank. Union Bank has been around since 1995 and is one of the fastest-growing banks today.
The Union Visa Gold credit card provides a variety of benefits. It comes with pay wave technology that allows you to pay by just waving your card against the payment device. How easy is that?
They have a supplementary card program through which you can get credit cards for your family members. And, also you get reward points for the money you spend. Up next we’re going to tell you more about this card.
Features of the Card
As we have started using credit cards for our everyday transactions, having some problems with it can be a headache. With Union Visa Gold Credit Card, you get 24-hour contact center assistance to get solutions fast.
You can take instant cash advances up to 30% of your credit limit in case of an emergency. When your purchases go above Rs.20,000 you can opt for installment payment plans (3,6,12 or 24 months) for 0% interest.
The balance transfer option is also available for 3, 6, 12, and 24 months. Looking to take a quick loan? You can take a loan on your credit card for up to 75% of your credit limit.
Your Union Visa Credit Card comes with free Travel Insurance. You can also avail of Zero Fraud Liability Cover at a nominal annual fee of Rs.1000.
How to Apply?
To apply for your Union Visa Credit Card do one of the following.
- Visit any Union Band Branch.
- Call customer service hotline (0115 800 800).
Here is the list of documents you will need.
- A duly filled application form. (You can download the application form on their website.)
- A copy of your passport or NIC.
- If you are self-employed you need to submit business/personal bank statements for the last three months and either of the following:
- Copy of certificate of business registration or
- Form 20 if it is a limited liability company.
- Copy of the salary slip within the last three months if you are employed. Or you can get a letter confirming your salary details from your employer.
- If your address is different from NIC, a billing proof.
If all of this is properly submitted and you are eligible, you will receive your Credit card within 10 working days.
There is an option to get your card in a day if you are in a hurry. It is called ‘Green Channel’ where you apply before 10 am and pay a fee of Rs.1000.
Interest and Other Charges
Now let’s look into the fees and interest charged for your Union Visa Gold Credit Card service.
- Joining fee: Rs.1500
- Annual Membership fee: Rs.3000
- Annual Interest Rate: 18%
- Cash advance fee: Rs.500 + 10% on face value
- Exchange conversion: 2.50%
- Late payment fee: Rs.1500
- Excess charge over credit limit: Rs.1500
- Fuel surcharge: 1%
- Check return fee: Rs.1000
- PIN replacement fee: Rs.500
To be eligible to get a Union Visa Gold Credit Card you should be able to say yes to the following.
- Be a resident of Sri Lanka.
- Be 18-65 years old.
- Have a minimum gross income of Rs.25,000 or above.
In case you need to reach out to them for queries, here is their contact information.
Contact number (General): 011 237 4100
Contact number (Customer Support): 011 580 0800
Postal Address: P O Box 348, Colombo
Head Office: 64 Galle Road, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
Union Visa Gold Credit Card is just the right card for everyday usage. It comes with a lot of flexibility like the option to extend your credit limit for a fee of Rs.1000.
Make sure to check out a few other credit cards before deciding on the one you want to apply for.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit products. Ensure you consult the bank’s terms and conditions page before agreeing to anything.